Niederried open-air pool – idyllic bathing site by Lake Brienz
- Niederried bei Interlaken
Swim, splash around, play and have fun in picturesque surroundings
The open-air pool at Niederried on the banks of Lake Brienz is a genuine, well-maintained gem, a small but perfectly formed lido accessible free of charge. Relax in beautiful surroundings and be enchanted by the intense turquoise of the glistening waters. A cosy sunbathing lawn and barbecue point with table and bench are ideal places to relax. Spend an unforgettable barbecue evening by the lake with friends, or enjoy a picnic with the family in this secluded spot.
Toilets, showers and changing cabins are provided. A raft floats just in front of the open-air pool, and you can pick up a free surfboard on the bank. While the kids enjoy the little playground complete with slide, you can enjoy the warm sunrays.
To reach this idyllic bathing spot, walk along the bank of the lake from Niederried station towards Interlaken for around 15 minutes. There is no parking at the bathing area. Once at the open-air pool, expect superb views of the incredible mountain backdrop. Amid such impressive natural scenery, you can truly relax.
Your highlights at a glance
- Picturesque bathing site on the banks of Lake Brienz
- Imposing, panoramic views of the surrounding mountain chain
- Inviting barbecue point with table and benches
- Bathroom facilities and changing cabins available
- Surfboards, raft and playground for fun times
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Public bathing area accessible free of charge
- No lifeguards on duty
- Bring your own food; a barbecue point with table and benches is available
"I love to swim out to the floating platform on a hot summer’s day and dry off there in the sun, but eventually the beautiful sunbathing lawn entices me back to the land."
- for Groups
- for Class
- for Children of all Ages
- Children's Playground (outdoors)