Discover the many leisure options on the Wiriehorn
Would you like to enjoy a leisurely ride to the top in the six-seater chairlift followed by a fast-paced descent down to the valley on a mountain bike or scooter? The Wiriehornbahnen offer you unique biking opportunities. In addition to these options, in summer you can take the train to the Wiriehorn Geological Trail, which starts at the summit station in Nüegg. In winter, the Wiriehorn is the largest ski area in the Diemtigtal Nature Park, with a chair lift, four t-bar lifts and a children’s lift. How about a fast-paced sledge ride? The 5 km sledging run will inspire you.
Your highlights at a glance
- The chairlift takes you to the unique Bike Park
- Hire a scooter at the summit station
- Adventure playground for children directly at the Berghotel Wiriehorn
- Largest ski area in the Diemtigtal Nature Park
- Two marked snowshoe trails that lead you directly into nature
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Check the weather and snow conditions in advance
- It is recommended that you wear good protective equipment with a helmet for the descent
- Check the Niesenbahn’s operating hours in advance
Winter December - March
The operation is adapted to the weather conditions.
Information: www.wiriehorn.ch, or info phone +41 33 684 12 33
Special rides for groups by reservation
Summer operation (from 9.00 to 16.30 h each day):
29 April to 25 June 2023: Weekend operation (additionally on Ascension Day, 18 and 19 May, and Whit Monday, 28 May).
1 July to 15 October 2023: continuous operation
21 October 2023 until onset of winter: operation on weekends
for Children of all Ages
Suitable for the Elderly
Children's Playground (outdoors)