Bietenhorn Loop (7h)
- start: Mürren, Schilthorn cableway station
- destination: Mürren, Schilthorn cableway station
- 19,21 km
- 7 hours
- 1332 m
- 2752 m
- 1486 m
- 60 / 100
- 100 / 100
The route first leads to the Allmendhubel and then through the steep and stony cannon pipe up towards the Schilthorn hut. In front of the Schilthornhütte you reach the turnoff where you follow the signpost "Bietenhorn". The ascent to the summit is marked as an alpine hiking trail and is therefore very demanding. The ascent and descent take place on the same path, sThe route leads first to the Allmendhubel and finally through the steep and rocky cannon barrel up towards the Schilthorn hut. Before reaching the Schilthorn hut, you reach the turnoff where you follow the signpost "Bietenhorn". The ascent to the summit is marked as an alpine hiking trail and is therefore very demanding. The ascent and descent are on the same path, so the summit ascent is also easy. Back on the Bietenlücke, the trail leads down into the Soustal valley to Sousläger. The hiking trail now leads via Marchegg to Grütschalp. The last section of the route follows the BLM (Bergbahn Lauterbrunnen Mürren) back to Mürren. o the summit ascent is also easy. Back on the Bietenlücke we descend into the Soustal to the Sousläger. The hiking trail now leads via Marchegg to Grütschalp. The last stretch leads along the BLM (Bergbahn Lauterbrunnen Mürren), back to Mürren.
Mürren - Schilthornhütte - Bietenhorn - Soustal - Sousläger - Marchegg - Grütschalp - Mürren
- For this tour high, good hiking boots are necessary
- The solar radiation is increased in the mountains. Sunscreen with a high protection factor, a sun hat and sunglasses with UV protection should definitely be carried in your luggage.
- Also in summer and when the "starting weather" is fine, warm clothing and a raincoat should be included. The layer principle with different layers of clothing is recommended.
- Charged mobile phone
- Pocket pharmacy
Use the Birg station's webcam to see the current weather and snow conditions.
- Hike can also be started from Birg and thus shortened
- Route Grütschalp - Winteregg - Mürren possible by train
- Only recommended for experienced hikers
This tour is presented by: Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG