Bussalp Run - The Exclusive one
- start: Bussalp (1800 a.s.l.)
- destination: Heli Platz (1655 a.s.l.)
- 1,41 km
- 15 minutes
- 1801 m
- 1656 m
- 60 / 100
- 40 / 100
This exclusive toboggan run is located in the upper part on the Bussalp. There are no busses on this sled run, because the toboggan run leads next to the road from Bussalp to Heli Platz (below Holzmattenläger). This sledge run is about 1.5 kilometres long and is ideal for families or beginners. BUSSALP, a most pleasurable winter experience!
- The toboggan run is also the route for the bus. There are regular bus services. The buses use their horn to make sure you hear them coming.
- SOS emergency number: 144
- Sledges or other driving equipment such as velogemel, bobsleigh etc.
- Suitable winter clothing, gloves, snow sports helmet, ski goggles
- High, solid shoes with a good profile
- Braking aid on the shoes (shortens braking distance)
- Sun cream & lip protection
- Snacks & Drinks
- Emergency numbers
- Optional: Use a «Rodel» sledge instead of conventional wooden sledge (better controllable)
- Buy a day ticket for sledging
- Try out night sledding on the Bussalp
- Rent a velogemel at Grindelwald railway station
There are different ways to reach the region by car. The fastest way from Basel and Geneva is via Berne. The fastest route from Zurich is through Lucerne and the Brünig Pass. The pass is open in summer and winter.
From the south, the route goes over the Grimsel or Susten Pass into the region. Both passes are only open in summer. Alternatively, you can take the Simplon Pass and then Lötschberg car transport.
Grindelwald has public car parks with covered parking spaces: Eiger+ car park (252 parking spaces) and Sportzentrum car park (160 parking spaces). They cannot be reserved in advance. Uncovered parking spaces are available everywhere in the village.
Thanks to its central location in Europe, Switzerland is served by international trains from over 12 countries. Within Switzerland, Intercity trains run directly from Basel and Lucerne to the Jungfrau Region. Travellers from Zurich have to change in Berne. The trains run every half hour.The buses are right next to Grindelwald railway station.
Winter hiking and sledging map (1:27,000) available from Grindelwald Tourism.
- Street (13%)
- Path (3%)
- Hiking Trail (9%)
- Unknown (75%)
This tour is presented by: Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG