- start: Twing, Station
- destination: Twing, Station
- 15,67 km
- 2 hours
- 780 m
- 1826 m
- 1080 m
- 60 / 100
- 20 / 100
A beautiful circular route with a magnificent panorama that will delight connoisseurs and ambitious bikers.
Twing - Hohfluh - Käserstatt - Twing
- Wearing gloves, helmet and MTB/Bike protective gear is recommended.
- Use only the marked paths and roads. Always follow the signs.
- Always close gates and pasture fences behind you.
- Respect hikers, plants and animals
- Hikers always have priority
- Assess your own abilities and your physical condition carefully before riding
- Use of the unmarked routes are at your own risk.
- Mountain bike (well maintained)
- Repair kit
- First aid kit
- Helmet, gloves and bike bell
- Proper attire for the weather condition (It is recommended to always check the weather conditions the day prior to riding. We recommend to always bring a rain jacket)
- Carry adequate supplies of food and water
- Please observe the signs and guidelines for mountain bike riders online as well as on the path
Enjoy a drink or snack on the terrace of the Käserstatt mountain restaurant at 1'840 m.
There are different ways to reach the region by car. The fastest way from Basel and Geneva is via Berne. The fastest route from Zurich is through Lucerne and the Brünig Pass. The pass is open in summer and winter.
From the south, the route goes over the Grimsel or Susten Pass into the region. Both passes are only open in summer. Alternatively, you can take the Simplon Pass and then Lötschberg car transport.
There is a public car park in Meiringen. Otherwise there are uncovered parking spaces throughout the village. There is a parking lot directly at the valley station of the Meiringen-Hasliberg cable car for CHF 5 per day.
Thanks to its central location in Europe, Switzerland is served by international trains from over 12 countries. Within Switzerland, Intercity trains run directly from Basel and Lucerne to the Jungfrau Region. Travellers from Zurich have to change in Berne. The trains run every half hour.
This tour is presented by: Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG