- start: Mountain station Schilthorn, Mürren
- destination: Mountain station Schilthorn, Mürren
- 6,51 km
- 2 hours 30 minutes
- 390 m
- 1960 m
- 1630 m
- 80 / 100
- 40 / 100
The hike begins and ends at the Schilthornbahn station in Mürren. After a few metres on the asphalt road, the natural path to Spilboden begins. The view of the snow-covered peaks of the Bernese Alps invites you to take short breaks again and again. From Schiltalp the trail becomes wider and flatter. Along the route, 12 information boards provide lots of interesting facts about the history of the mountains around Mürren. From the Schiltgrat, the hiking trail meanders through the coniferous forest to Suppenboden. Most of the last 100 or so trails lead along alpine roads to Almendhubel. The funicular takes guests back to Mürren.
Allmendhubel – Blumental – Schiltalp – Spielbodenalp – Mürren
- The solar radiation is increased in the mountains. A sun cream with a high protection factor, a sun hat and sunglasses with UV protection should definitely be included in your luggage.
- Also in summer and in good «starting weather», warm clothing and rain protection are required. The layer principle with different layers of clothes is recommended.
- Recharged mobile phone
- Pocket pharmacy
The Nothface- and Mountain View Trail can be easily combined.
By car there are different ways to reach the hotel. The fastest way from Basel and Geneva is via Bern. From Zurich, the fastest route is towards Lucerne and the Brünig Pass. The pass is open in summer and winter.Coming from the south, you can reach the region via the Grimsel or Susten Pass. The two passes are only open in summer. Alternatively, you can choose between the Simplon Pass and then the Lötschberg car transport.
Lauterbrunnen multi-storey car park or the uncovered car park near the Schilthorn cable car in Stechelberg. The Lauterbrunnen multi-storey car park can be reserved online.
Thanks to its central location in Europe, Switzerland is served by international trains from over 12 countries. Within Switzerland, Intercity trains run directly from Basel to the Jungfrau Region. Bikers from Zurich and Geneva change trains in Bern. The trains run every half hour.
The cable car takes guests from Stechelberg via Gimmelwald to Mürren.Alternatively, there is a choice of gondola and train journey via Grütschalp.
- Trekking shoes are recommended
- The path is well marked by blue signs with «Northface-Trail»
- The route can also be made in the opposite direction
This tour is presented by: Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG, Author: Mürren Tourismus