- start: Mürren, Schilthorn cableway station
- destination: Mürren, Schilthorn cableway station
- 6,51 km
- 2 hours 30 minutes
- 390 m
- 1960 m
- 1630 m
- 80 / 100
- 40 / 100
The hike begins and ends at the Schilthornbahn station in Mürren. After a few metres on the asphalt road, the natural path to Spilboden begins. The view of the snow-covered peaks of the Bernese Alps invites you to take short breaks again and again. From Schiltalp the trail becomes wider and flatter. Along the route, 12 information boards provide lots of interesting facts about the history of the mountains around Mürren. From the Schiltgrat, the hiking trail meanders through the coniferous forest to Suppenboden. Most of the last 100 or so trails lead along alpine roads to Almendhubel. The funicular takes guests back to Mürren.
Allmendhubel – Blumental – Schiltalp – Spielbodenalp – Mürren
- Trekking shoes
- The solar radiation is increased in the mountains. A sun cream with a high protection factor, a sun hat and sunglasses with UV protection should definitely be included in your luggage.
- Also in summer and in good «starting weather», warm clothing and rain protection are required. The layer principle with different layers of clothes is recommended.
- Recharged mobile phone
- Pocket pharmacy
The Nothface- and Mountain View Trail can be easily combined.
By car from Basel/Zurich/Geneva via Bern or Lucerne/Brünigpass. This is open in summer and winter. From the south, travel to the region via the Grimsel or Susten Pass (only in summer) or the Simplon Pass and then the Lötschberg car transport.
Thanks to its central location in Europe, Switzerland is served by international trains from over 12 countries. Within Switzerland, Intercity trains run from Basel and Lucerne directly to the Jungfrau Region. Travellers from Zurich change trains in Bern. Trains run every half hour.
The cable car takes guests from Stechelberg via Gimmelwald to Mürren. Alternatively, you can take the gondola and train via Grütschalp.
- The path is well marked by blue signs with «Northface-Trail»
- The route can also be made in the opposite direction
This tour is presented by: Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG, Author: Mürren Tourismus