Northface Trail Mürren
- start: Mürren, Station Schilthornbahn (station Schilthorn cableways)
- destination: Mürren, Station Schilthornbahn (station Schilthorn cableways)
- 6,12 km
- 1 hour
- 317 m
- 1958 m
- 1638 m
- 60 / 100
- 20 / 100
The first part of the climb is challenging. The asphalted road climbs steeply after the Schiltgrat chairlift. As soon as the ascent becomes flatter, ground changes. The gravel road leads past Schiltalp, where, during the alpine season (summer), you can buy delicious local cheeses. On the Höhenweg, it is worth stopping for a photo and taking in the views of the Bernese Alps which are simply magnificent. After the Höhenweg, there is the short and partly challenging single trail to Suppenalp. From there, the wide alpine road leads back to the village.
Mürren - Spielbodenalp - Schiltalp - (Suppenalp) - Mürren
- Wearing gloves, helmet and MTB/Bike protective gear is recommended.
- Use only the marked paths and roads. Always follow the signs.
- Always close gates and pasture fences behind you.
- Respect hikers, plants and animals
- Hikers always have priority
- Assess your own abilities and your physical condition carefully before riding
- Use of the unmarked routes are at your own risk.
- Mountain bike (well maintained)
- Repair kit
- First aid kit
- Helmet, gloves and bike bell
- Proper attire for the weather condition (It is recommended to always check the weather conditions the day prior to riding. We recommend to always bring a rain jacket)
- Carry adequate supplies of food and water
- Please observe the signs and guidelines for mountain bike riders online as well as on the path
- The Nothface- and Mountainview Trail can be combined with each other.
By car: There are different ways to reach the region by car. The fastest way from Basel and Geneva is via Berne. The fastest route from Zurich is through Lucerne and the Brünig Pass. The pass is open in summer and winter.
From the south, the route leads over the Grimsel or Susten Pass into the region. Both passes are only open in summer. Alternatively, you can take the route via Simplon Pass and then use Lötschberg car transport.
In Lauterbrunnen, there is a covered car park, linked with the BLM cable car station. You may also drive to the Schilthornbahn station in Stechelberg where you will find a large number of parking spaces.
The Lauterbrunnen car park is located at the outskirts of the village, just before the train station. Parking spaces can be reserved for a minimum of 5 days (winter) online.
Thanks to its central location in Europe, Switzerland is served by international trains from over 12 countries. Within Switzerland, Intercity trains run directly from Basel and Lucerne to the Jungfrau Region. Travellers from Zurich have to change in Berne. The trains run every half hour.
This tour is presented by: Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG