Rotstockhütte via Wasenegg Loop (4h30)
- start: Mürren, Station Schilthorn cableway
- destination: Mürren, Station Schilthorn cableway
- 13,06 km
- 4 hours 30 minutes
- 644 m
- 2156 m
- 1638 m
- 60 / 100
- 60 / 100
A hike through the unique Alpine flora at the foot of the Schilthorn. The tour is suitable as a day trip or with an overnight stay, and the hike first leads leisurely to Spielbodenalp. This is where the actual "mountain hiking" begins, as the route leads steeply up to the first vantage point, the Bryndli. This can only be reached by a short detour. The route continues to the Rotstockhütte. This hut is also a popular starting point for high alpine tours. After a break with all sorts of goodies, the route leads back to Schiltalp via Wasenegg. The last section of the route leads along a pleasant path to Suppenalp and finally back to Mürren.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Mürren - Spielbodenalp - Rotstockhütte - Wasenegg - Schiltalp - Suppenalp - Mürren
- The solar radiation is increased in the mountains. Sunscreen with a high protection factor, a sun hat and sunglasses with UV protection should definitely be carried in your luggage.
- Also in summer and when the "starting weather" is fine, warm clothing and a raincoat should be included. The layer principle with different layers of clothing is recommended.
- Charged mobile phonePocket pharmacy
- Food and drinks
By car from Basel/Zurich/Geneva via Bern or Lucerne/Brünigpass. This is open in summer and winter. From the south, travel to the region via the Grimsel or Susten Pass (only in summer) or the Simplon Pass and then the Lötschberg car transport.
Thanks to its central location in Europe, Switzerland is served by international trains from over 12 countries. Within Switzerland, Intercity trains run from Basel and Lucerne directly to the Jungfrau Region. Travellers from Zurich change trains in Bern. Trains run every half hour.
The cable car takes guests from Stechelberg via Gimmelwald to Mürren. Alternatively, you can take the gondola and train via Grütschalp.
This tour is presented by: Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG