Toboggan run Sulwald - Isenfluh - Lauterbrunnen
- start: Lauterbrunnen (sledging from Sulwald)
- destination: Isenfluh or Lauterbrunnen (depending on snow conditions)
- 8,03 km
- 35 minutes
- 9 m
- 1529 m
- 803 m
- 60 / 100
- 20 / 100
Fun for young and old: with your own or rented toboggan you can glide in the cable car from Isenfluh to Sulwald. A short warm-up in the Sulwaldstübli - enjoy the panorama and the winter fairytale world. Now you are ready for the sleigh ride. The sledge makes its tracks leisurely on the forest road (4 km) towards Isenfluh. If conditions are good, you can even toboggan down to Lauterbrunnen, along the old Isenfluh road (3.5 km), right down to the valley.The sledges can be rented directly at the cable car in Isenfluh or at Alpia Sport or Imboden Bike in Lauterbrunnen.
Prices cable car Isenfluh-Sulwald:
- Single train ride adults CHF 6.40 / single train ride children CHF 3.20
- Ten-trip ticket adults CHF 55 (groups on advance booking)
- Sledge rental CHF 7, Velogemel rental CHF 8
Sulwald - Isenfluh - Lauterbrunnen
- Sledges or other driving equipment such as velogemel, bobsleigh etc.
- Suitable winter clothing, gloves, snow sports helmet, ski goggles
- High, solid shoes with a good profile
- Braking aid on the shoes (shortens braking distance)
- Sun cream & lip protection
- Snacks & Drinks
- Emergency numbers
- Optional: Use a «Rodel» sledge instead of conventional wooden sledge (better controllable)
It's especially beautiful up here when the moon is full. In the Restaurant Sulwaldstübli you can enjoy a fine fondue and finally toboggan down to Isenfluh in the moonlight. A hot drink at Restaurant Waldrand in Isenfluh is the crowning glory.
By car from Basel/Zurich/Geneva via Bern or Lucerne/Brünigpass. This is open summer and winter. From the south, the journey leads via the Grimsel or Susten Pass (only in summer) or Simplon Pass and then the Lötschberg car transport into the region.
From Interlaken and Wilderswil follow the main road to Lauterbrunnen.
From Interlaken and Wilderswil follow the main road to Lauterbrunnen, about 2 km after Zweilütschinen turn right at the signpost and drive along a winding road to Isenfluh.
Lauterbrunnen multi-storey car park or the uncovered car park at the Schilthorn cable car in Stechelberg. The Lauterbrunnen multi-storey car park can be reserved online.
It has a public parking lot with parking meter and a private parking lot near the cable car. In the case of private parking, the parking fee must be easily deposited in the owner's mailbox. If both places are occupied, there is another parking place on the other side of the village.
Thanks to its central location in Europe, Switzerland is served by international trains from over 12 countries. Within Switzerland, Intercity trains run directly from Basel and Lucerne to the Jungfrau Region. Travellers from Zurich have to change in Berne. The trains run every half hour.
The post bus takes guests from Lauterbrunnen train station to Isenfluh in about 15 minutes.
- Unknown (59%)
- Street (31%)
- Hiking Trail (10%)
This tour is presented by: Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG