BLS shipyard tour – a look behind the scenes at the shipping company
Visit the shipyard in Thun with your group
During the shipyard tour in Thun, discover what happens to the impressive steamships and motorboats on Lake Thun and Lake Brienz during the winter months. The new shipyard opened in January 2018 after a 15-month construction period. The heart of the shipyard is a state-of-the-art dry dock, an innovative facility where the ships can be lifted and drained, enabling work to be carried out on their hulls. Enjoy an exciting behind-the-scenes tour at this shipping company and discover ship maintenance techniques. A guide will lead you through the dockyard and workshop and offer fascinating insights into the world of BLS Navigation. On the 90-minute tour you will get a taste of the sea air and try your hand at rope pullin. Combine your experience with a relaxing boat trip and a delicious lunch on Lake Thun. Tickets can be purchased at the boat station in Thun or on-board the ship.
The shipyard tour can be booked for groups and is regularly offered as part of a public tour. Contact BLS Navigation directly to enquire about the various offers available.
Your highlights at a glance
- Guided tour of the BLS Navigation dockyard and workshop
- State-of-the-art dry dock
- Introduction to the company
- Get a taste of the sea air and try your hand at rope pulling
- Shipyard tour can be booked for groups
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way
- Contact BLS Navigation to enquire about tour dates
- Reservations & advance payment essential
- Limited availability, minimum number of participants 10 persons
- Shipyard can be reached by STI bus or car
- Parking spaces nearby
"I always wondered what happens to the ships in winter and how the mighty steamers are maintained. The look behind the scenes of the dockyard and the workshop was both fascinating and informative."
Current informationAs a result of COVID-19, we anticipate possible restrictions or closures of the provider. Details can be found directly on the provider's website.
Contact BLS Navigation to enquire about tour dates.
- Bad Weather Offer
- Suitable for any weather
- for Groups
- for Class
- Pet allowed
- Suitable for the Elderly
- for Children of the age of 3-6
- for Children of the age of 6-10
- for Children of the age of 10 upwards
Accessibility / Arrival
- Parking available