Guided tour of Thun Castle
Discover the history of Thun Castle
Rising majestically above the town from the Schlossberg, the four-towered 12th-century castle of the Zähringen family can be seen for miles. Discover the history of Thun’s unmistakable landmark on a tour of the castle. Inside the five great halls of the tower (keep), you will uncover treasures and historical and cultural highlights from the castle and the medieval city. The castle’s pièce de résistance is the knight’s hall, Switzerland’s best preserved late-medieval state room. Go on a journey of discovery with a Thun City Guide and delve into a bygone era. On the tour you will find out more about the castle and its medieval treasures.
“Castle” group tourBook a private tour and discover the history of Thun in the place where it all began. Choose a topic or the classic tour and step back into the Middle Ages.
Your highlights at a glance
- Different themes available
- Tour through the medieval castle and its history museum
- Your perfect photo: the impressive view from the tower over the city, Lake Thun and the mountains
- Group tours in German, English, French and Italian available upon request
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- For the public tours prior registration is required
- Places are limited
- Your group tour can be combined with an aperitif or a bite to eat
- This tour is not accessible
“On the tour of Thun Castle, I discovered hidden corners and exciting stories about the past. The history of the executioner’s sword, which is on display in one of the castle’s torture chambers, especially gave me goosebumps. A real medieval experience!”
- Bad Weather Offer
- Suitable for any weather
- for Groups
- for Class
- Suitable for the Elderly
- Debit Card
Accessibility / Arrival
- Parking available
- CHF 20 per person*, entrance fee castle incl.
- CHF 140 per group, without entrance fee castle (CHF 10/8 per person)
- *Registration required, limited number of places
- No further reductions are available for guided tours
- The group price applies per guided tour for groups up to a maximum of 20 people. For quality reasons, two groups are formed from 20 people.