Discover the history of Thun
Do you know how Thun’s raised pavements were built? Or why two branches of the same river enclose the shopping street of Bälliz? The Thun City Guides will reveal all of this and more on the classic tour of Thun old town and the Schlossberg. You can expect an exciting tour, filled with fascinating details about the town’s rich culture, which dates back to the Stone Age and has played out against an exceptional backdrop. Thun’s unique location between lakes and Alps has shaped the face of the town both in the past and in the present.
Public tour of the old townPublic guided tours take place on Saturday afternoons from April to November, and on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons in July and August. They are led by a knowledgeable city guide who will share lots of interesting facts about Thun’s past and present.
“Old town” group tourDelve into Thun’s history on a private tour with your group. Its richness will leave you in awe. Send group request
Your highlights at a glance
- 1.5-hour tour through Thun town centre
- Tour through the old town and the Schlossberg
- The classic town tour
- Public tours are available in German and English
- Group tours in German, English, French and Italian available upon request
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- The tour takes place outside. Comfortable shoes and weather-appropriate clothing are recommended
- For the public tours prior registration is required
- Accessible group tours are available upon request: the public tours are not accessible
Suitable for any weather
Suitable for the Elderly
for Children of the age of 10 upwards
*Registration required, limited number of places
• CHF 180 per group
The group price applies per guided tour for groups up to a maximum of 20 people. For quality reasons, two groups are formed from 20 people.