Tour of Thun old town
Discover the history of Thun
Do you know how Thun’s raised pavements were built? Or why two branches of the same river enclose the shopping street of Bälliz? The Thun City Guides will reveal all of this and more on the classic tour of Thun old town and the Schlossberg. You can expect an exciting tour, filled with fascinating details about the town’s rich culture, which dates back to the Stone Age and has played out against an exceptional backdrop. Thun’s unique location between lakes and Alps has shaped the face of the town both in the past and in the present.
Public tour of the old townFrom April to November public tours take place regularly throughout the day and are led by a knowledgeable city guide who will share lots of interesting facts about Thun’s past and present.
“Old town” group tourDelve into Thun’s history on a private tour with your group. Its richness will leave you in awe.
Your highlights at a glance
- 1.5-hour tour through Thun town centre
- Tour through the old town and the Schlossberg
- The classic town tour
- Public tours are available in German and English
- Group tours in German, English, French and Italian available upon request
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- The tour takes place outside. Comfortable shoes and weather-appropriate clothing are recommended
- For the public tours prior registration is required
- Accessible group tours are available upon request: the public tours are not accessible
“As somebody who grew up in Thun, I thought I knew the town pretty well. But on the tour of Thun town centre with our knowledgeable guide, I made lots of new discoveries and noticed things I’d never paid attention to before. A great experience!”
- Suitable for any weather
- for Groups
- Suitable for the Elderly
- for Children of the age of 10 upwards
- Debit Card
Accessibility / Arrival
- Parking available
- CHF 15 per person*
- CHF 160 per group
*Registration required, limited number of places
The group price applies per guided tour for groups up to a maximum of 20 people. For quality reasons, two groups are formed from 20 people.