Share sailing yachts with other skippers, join a course or take a sailing excursion
Renting a yacht has never been so easy – book your yacht via the Sailbox web site or app. Use the Sailbox key to access the yacht you reserve, and it's time to go.
Sail out onto deep blue Lake Thun with up to six guests. With your party, savour the majestic mountain panorama and the wind in your hair. Spend an invigoratingly active day cruising one of Switzerland’s loveliest lakes. After your trip, simply bring the sailing yacht back to port, making sure it is in a clean and fault-free state. Your excursion is charged by the number of hours, with the bill sent to you directly.
Your highlights at a glance
- Rent one of three sailing yachts on Lake Thun (and other Swiss lakes)
- All yachts are of the same type – so there is no need to readjust
- Reserve your yacht online
- Join sailing courses in small groups
- Host an event aboard a Sailbox yacht
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way:
- To sail, you need an official driving licence
- Complete a three-hour induction course before your first excursion
- You must be a Sailbox member to rent a sailing yacht
- Check the weather forecast in advance
- Bring food supplies and enough sun screen
"Sailing my own yacht was always a dream of mine. Sailbox gives me the chance to go out on the lake whenever I want without breaking the bank. It’s a great idea, and the handling is as simple as mobility car sharing."
Suitable for any weather