Learn more about Alpine tourism in Switzerland
The Swiss Alps fascinate visitors from all over the world. Would you like to learn more about the history of tourism in the Alps? Visit the Tourismuseum in the Old Town of Unterseen near Interlaken and learn more about how tourism has developed over the last 500 years. Switzerland’s first museum of tourism takes you on a journey back in time. Find out more about the souvenir industry, transport, mountaineering and the hotel industry. The special exhibitions on tourism-related topics are particularly interesting.
Your highlights at a glance
- Switzerland’s first museum of tourism in Interlaken
- Explore the history of Alpine tourism
- Development of tourism over the last 500 years
- Interesting special exhibitions
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Check the opening hours; the museum is closed in November
- Not suitable for wheelchair users or prams
- Ensure that you have sufficient cash (in Swiss francs) for the entrance fee
- Find out about the current special exhibition topic in advance
“I was fascinated by the objects on display, such as the place setting and the bathroom fittings of a luxurious hotel from around 1900.”
Spring season: mid-March - end of April Sunday 14.00 - 17.00 h.
Summer season mid-March - October: Wednesday – Sunday 14.00 – 17.00 h.
Winter break November - mid-March
Bad Weather Offer
Suitable for any weather
Suitable for the Elderly