"Alte Pinte" museum of Bönigen village – experience culture and history
- Bönigen bei Interlaken
Travel back in time to the Bönigen of yesteryear
Opened in 1985 as a village museum, the "Alte Pinte" holds three specially themed exhibitions each year in its museum and gallery spaces. Stroll around the permanent exhibition and find out interesting facts about Bönigen’s past. Browse the absorbing history of the village and immerse yourself in historic tales of welcoming locals. The museum is housed in a typically Bernese Oberland chalet built in 1772. The authentically equipped farmhouse kitchen and rustic rooms provide a true insight into the everyday life of yesteryear. Alongside the array of furnishings, visitors can view all manner of fittings and personal effects dating from 1730 to 1920. Call in at this impressive museum for a journey into bygone days.
Your highlights at a glance
- Authentic journey back in time
- Three annual exhibitions on various special themes
- Absorbing permanent exhibition on the history of Bönigen village
- Housed in a traditional Bernese Oberland chalet built in 1772
- Fittings, furnishings and objects from the period 1730 to 1920
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Open May to October, Thursday to Saturday afternoons
- Also opens in the afternoon on the first Sunday of every month (May to October)
- Tours available; the museum can also open and be rented for special occasions on request
- Entry is free
"I was very impressed by the 18th century kitchen. It was incredible to see the way people used to live – this was a fascinating journey into the past."