Night sledging highlight Bussalp (No. 57)
- start: Bussalp (1800 m)
- destination: Weidli (end of the official sledge run)
- 5,38 km
- 30 minutes
- 1801 m
- 1241 m
- 40 / 100
- 20 / 100
Unforgettable are the sledge runs through the nightly winter landscape and the cosy hours with a cheese fondue in the mountain restaurant Bussalp. The City Run toboggan run is not illuminated. The nocturnal light together with the white surroundings provide sufficient brightness, but you can also bring your own headlamp and so race down the mountain with your own lighting. If the snow conditions are good, one can take a sledge from Weidli to Grindelwald village.
Important: a reservation for night sledging and fondue fun is absolutely necessary.
Bussalp - Lochsteinen - Weidli (end of the official sledge run)
Depending on the snow situation, you have the possibility to continue sledging to Oberäll, Gaggi-Säge or Grindelwald Dorf.
The 10 rules of sledging
- Show consideration for others
- Adapt speed and driving style to ability
- Respect the lane of the vehicle in front
- Overtake with distance
- Look up before entering and approaching the road
- Stop at the edge
- Get on and off at the edge
- Observe signs and markings
- Provide assistance
- In the event of an accident: give personal details
- Sled or toboggan
- Ski helmetday
- hiking backpack (approx. 20 liters) with rain cover
- comfortable and waterproof winter shoes or sturdy hiking boots (if necessary dredges and gaiters)
- hat/headband, scarf
- waterproof glovessun and rain protection
- Provisions and drinking water, thermos bottle with hot drink
- first aid kit
- pocket knife
- Cell phone
- headlamp and reﬂectors
- Map material
- Fondue fun at mountain restaurant Bussalp
- Enjoy a warm drink at the Steintor- or Weidli-Bar
- Headlamps can be rented at Grindelwald Bus
Thanks to its central location in Europe, Switzerland is served by international trains from over 12 countries. Within Switzerland, Intercity trains run directly from Basel and Lucerne to the Jungfrau Region. Travellers from Zurich have to change in Berne. The trains run every half hour.
The buses are right next to Grindelwald railway station.
Winter hiking and sledging map (1:27,000) available from Grindelwald Tourism.
This tour is presented by: Jungfrau Region Tourismus AG