Water playground on the Lake Brienz promenade
Discover the water with your children on Lake Brienz promenade
At any time of year, a stroll by turquoise Lake Brienz is a special experience with the nearby mountains reflected in the shimmering, intensely colourful surface of the lake. Other free attractions are available on the Lake Brienz promenade aside from the play equipment. Savour a majestic landscape of lakes and mountains while your kids enjoy playing and discovering the element of water. In summer, local people and visitors alike are drawn here to swim.
The traffic-free lakeside promenade, known as the "quay" to locals, was constructed between 1911 and 1915 using excavated material from the railway tunnel that passes under the village. In summer, concerts and unique events like the Woodcarving Symposium are held on Cholplatz, close to Brienz station. On cool winter days, people are attracted to popular Hotpots to bathe while enjoying great views.
Your highlights at a glance
- Water-themed playground by the lake
- Other play opportunities include chess, a slide and swings
- With luck, you will see fish near the bank
- Numerous woodcarving shops and comfortable seating
- Several access points for bathing
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Bring your swimming things and a change of clothes
- Ideal way to round off a day’s excursion
- The water playground is open from May to October
- Take note of the bathing rules: Lake Brienz is rather cold and has few shallow spots
- Combine your walk with a visit to the woodcarving shops, or rent a pedalo
"The welcoming square around the Brienz quayside and the many play stations made for a great family stroll. Our kids don’t usually enjoy going for walks, but thanks to the water playground by the quay, the time just flies."
- for Class
- for Children of all Ages
- Suitable for Pushchair
- Children's Playground (outdoors)
Accessibility / Arrival
- Parking available