Just 15 minutes from Grindelwald Terminal to Eigergletscher station
Even the journey to Eigergletscher on the ultra-modern tricable aerial cableway is memorable. Savour the outlook from one of 44 cabins (each seating 26) and marvel at the mighty north face of the Eiger from close quarters. A train now runs directly from Interlaken Ost to Grindelwald terminal, base station for the Eiger Express cableway.
The ultra-modern terminal is the centrepiece of the V-Cableway. It is not only the Eiger Express cableway that starts from here, but also the 10-passenger gondolas to Männlichen. Before or after your trip up the mountain, you can also take advantage of the shopping centre with its sports shop, leading international brands and quality Swiss products.
Journey time from the terminal to Eigergletscher is just 15 minutes. One simple change cuts the journey time to Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe (and the ski slopes) by 47 minutes, giving you more time to explore this spectacular world of mountains.
The tricable aerial cableway combines all the benefits of a cable car and an aerial tramway. With just seven support towers built for the entire route of 6,483 metres, transport needs were met with minimal impact on the environment: the cableway blends into the natural scenery with conservation in mind. The Eiger Express cableway is part of the innovative V-Cableway project.
Your highlights at a glance
- Journey time of 15 minutes to Eigergletscher
- Travel within touching distance of the 1,800-metre north face of the Eiger
- 47 minutes faster journey time to Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe
- Panoramahalle with stunning views of the mountain landscape
- Ultra-modern tricable aerial cableway
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way
- Guaranteed connection to public transport via the terminal
- Terminal, cable car station and summit station are wheelchair-accessible
- Parking is available
- Bring the right equipment for your activity
Suitable for any weather
for individual guests
for Children of all Ages
Suitable for Pushchair
Handicapped accessible WC