The quick and easy way to a dream panorama
The base station of the Harderbahn is a short walk from Interlaken Ost station.
The funicular railway celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2008. To mark the occasion, the carriages dating from 1966 were replaced. The new, modern carriages now deliver breathtaking views of deep blue Lake Thun, turquoise Lake Brienz and the towering peaks of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau as you ascend the mountain. The Harderbahn funicular navigates 755 fascinating m in just 10 minutes at an incredible average incline of 64 %. Thanks to its central location and easy accessibility, the Harder Kulm can be part of almost any itinerary.
The Harder Kulm is the ideal destination for gourmets, fans of great views, sportspeople, hikers and nature lovers. From the mountain station, an easy path leads to the inviting Panorama Restaurant in just five minutes: the restaurant’s sun terrace is a great place to unwind. A few steps from here is the glazed viewing platform of the Two Lakes Bridge, which guarantees superb, panoramic views.
The railway operates every 30 minutes from mid-April to 1. November; there are also evening trips between spring and autumn. Details of the operating times can be found in the general information on the Harderbahn.
Your highlights at a glance
- Short journey time: from Interlaken to the Harder Kulm in just 10 minutes
- Make your way to the station by train, bus or car
- Base station is a short walk from Interlaken Ost
- Impressively panoramic views from the carriages throughout the journey
- Viewing platform is a five-minute walk from the summit station
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Operates from mid-April to the 1st of November
- Evening trips between spring and autumn
- Plan your arrival – by train, bus or car?
- Check the timetable for possible connections
- Pack the right equipment for your activity
"The ascent in the modern carriage treated us to stunning views as we ascended. Visiting the Harder Kulm is easy and convenient – a must for anyone who wants to capture the perfect view."
(Please note the current timetable on www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/plan-book/timetable/)
- Suitable for any weather
- for Groups
- for Class
- Pet allowed
- Suitable for the Elderly
- for Children of all Ages
- Suitable for Pushchair
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Debit Card
- Barrier-free access