Take a tour of exploration by canoe or SUP
Paddle a canoe or SUP along the impressive Canoeing Trail to explore the natural beauty of the left bank of Lake Thun. The Canoeing Trail extends from Gwatt to Leissigen, so you could start a tour in Spiez – the loveliest bay in Europe – and glide over the glassy waters into the sun. As you pick up speed with smooth, regular strokes, fairytale Spiez Castle and the vineyards of Spiez gradually recede into the distance. The landscape of lakes and mountains is simply unparalleled. From Spiez you can paddle towards Faulensee and Leissigen, or head for Gwatt. Along the way there are places to rest, swim and fortify yourself with a good picnic.
Rent a canoe or SUPThe five rental stations are as follows:
- Info-Point, bay of Spiez
- Faulensee tourist office
- Blue Turtle Bistro
- Wilke boatyard, Leissigen
- Absolut Outdoor & Events, Deltapark Gwatt
Pick up a canoe or stand-up paddle at the point of your choice and experience unforgettable times on the Canoeing Trail. Canoes are big enough for four persons, while stand-up paddles are designed for one person. After your tour, you can return the canoe or stand-up paddle to any rental station. Since the rental stations only open in good weather, it is advisable to call the relevant station to reserve in advance. Rental rates are shown in the information section below, and in the brochure.
Enjoy your time on Lake Thun, with the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau in the background. Choose from a range of possible routes shown in the flyer: both long and short tours are available. If you would like to round off your paddling adventure by savouring the sunset over a cosy drink in a lakeside bar, you should choose a one-way option. For example, you could return your canoe or stand-up paddle to the Blue Turtle Bistro and take a bus back to the starting point.
Group reservationsPlanning a group excursion, school trip or team event? Groups are always welcome on the Lake Thun Canoeing Trail. Check your options with the operator, and combine your adventure with a good meal.
Your highlights at a glance
- Glide over the deep blue Lake Thun in a canoe or stand-up paddle
- Discover natural wonders on the Canoeing Trail
- Picnic and barbecue sites available on the banks
- 5 rental stations from Gwatt to Leissigen
- Various routes and one-way options to choose from
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Bring appropriate clothing for the conditions, swimwear/pool shoes, sun cream, change of clothes, picnic
- The rental price includes the canoe, paddles, lifejacket and watertight bag
- The wearing of lifejackets is compulsory
- Users must be able to swim
- Respect the shore zone (300 m) for greater security
- Consider the influence of the weather, wind and waves
for Children of the age of 10 upwards
for Children of the age of 3-6
for Children of the age of 6-10
Children's Playground (outdoors)