Biking fun with a choice of routes and views of the Bernese Oberland mountain peaks
During the summer season you can hire scooter bikes at the Niederhornbahn’s middle station in Vorsass. There are even special scooter bikes for your children. The staff will equip you with the necessary equipment and helmet before you set off. The cable car takes you straight to Vorsass. Two different routes with the two mascots Rocky the ibex and Happy the bunny take you along unsurfaced and asphalt roads to the railway station in Beatenberg. It’s an unforgettable experience offering plenty of fun and action. Choose your own pace – leisurely or fast. The routes wind their way through verdant forests, passing lush meadows and gushing mountain streams on the way. If you feel like a taking a break, you can stop at one of the well laid out barbecue areas, so it’s worth bringing a nice picnic with you.
“Rocky's run” scooter bike route, Vorsass – Beatenberg directThe 6 km route is ideal for families and school parties. On this direct route, you speed downhill from Vorsass to Beatenberg Station on a varied, fast-paced route along asphalted forest roads. The journey time is 20 to 30 minutes.
“Happy's trail” scooter bike route, Vorsass – Beatenberg via WaldeggThe leisurely "Happy's trail" is less steep and runs along asphalted forest roads and some unpaved roads. It’s a more leisurely route but involves some gradients and so requires a greater level of fitness. Leaving Vorsass, you ride towards Bodenalp and then through the forest to the Rischerental. Once you reach Waldegg, you cycle along the main road through the village of Beatenberg, the longest village in Europe, to Beatenberg railway station. The route is around 12 km long and takes about 40 to 60 minutes to cycle.
Family discountThe parents and their first child are charged, but each additional child travels free of charge. This discount also applies to the scooter bike hire. The Junior travelcard and Children’s Co-travelcard which cost CHF 30, allow children aged six to 16 who are accompanied by a parent or grandparent with a valid ticket to travel on the railways free of charge for a whole year.
Your highlights at a glance
- Fast-paced fun and action for friends and families
- Two different routes to choose from
- Imposing alpine panoramas
- Idyllic picnic and barbecue areas along the routes
- Attractive family discounts
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- A helmet is included in the hire cost
- Please observe the scooter bike riding rules; you will be given information on these when you hire your scooter bike
- Scooter bike users are responsible for ensuring that they have suitable insurance
- Scooter bikes can be hired in Vorsass until 17.00h Scooter bikes can be hired in Vorsass until 17.00h (until 24 October) / until 16.00h (25 October – 7 November)
- The scooter bikes must be returned to the valley station by 18.00h
"We combined the fast adventure ride on the scooter bike with a delicious outdoor picnic. My whole family really enjoyed this unforgettable trip.
- Bus stop available
- for Groups
- for Class
- for Children of the age of 6-10
- for Children of the age of 10 upwards
- Children's Playground (outdoors)
- Baby Change
- Handicapped accessible WC
- Barrier-free access
Accessibility / Arrival
- Parking available