Experience a high-speed or leisurely sledge ride amid imposing mountain scenery
The Niederhorn offers plenty of winter fun and action in the snow. The well-groomed sledging run from Niederhorn to Vorsass is perfect for you, your family and friends. The piste is 3 km long and is suitable for both beginners and experienced sledgers. Set your own pace. Speed down the mountain if you dare or enjoy a leisurely ride through the snow-covered winter landscape – sledging is great fun, whatever your skill level. The violet-signed path takes you to the middle station in Vorsass, where you again board the cable car to Niederhorn for another action-packed sledging run. The winter landscape and the imposing mountain panorama are truly stunning. During the 30-minute sleigh ride you will enjoy the unique views over the deep blue waters of Lake Thun and the mighty snow-capped peaks of the Bernese Oberland.
Sledge hireSledges can be hired at the Niederhorn mountain station for a small fee.
Family discountParents and the first child are charged, but each additional child travels free of charge. This reduction also applies to sledge hire and daily ski passes in the Niederhorn area.
Book now – sledging fun departing from InterlakenSledging fun on the Niederhorn is bookable as an attractive package exclusively through Interlaken Tourism. Your winter adventure starts in Interlaken West. Begin by taking PostBus 101 from Interlaken to Beatenberg, then board the cable car that takes you up to the Niederhorn. Sledge hire is included in the package price. Enjoy the breathtaking natural scenery as you ride down the mountain. You can sledge down the mountain as many times as you wish during the cable car’s operating hours. The day includes a small snack and a warming drink in the Vorsass mountain restaurant to keep your strength up. Enjoy an unforgettable day of sledging on the Niederhorn.
Your highlights at a glance
- Imposing alpine panorama and views of the deep blue waters of Lake Thun
- Well-groomed sledging run
- Sledges can be hired on site
- Refreshment stops available
- Attractive package offering sledging fun bookable online
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- The following services are included: Return journey by PostBus 101 from Interlaken, unlimited number of cable car journeys, sledge hire, snack in the Vorsass mountain restaurant
- Appropriate footwear and warm clothing required
- Ski helmets, snow- or sunglasses and sun protection are recommended
- The sledging run is signposted with violet signs
- Last descent from Vorsass to Beatenberg at 17.00h
"I have wonderful memories of the fun of sledging down the Niederhorn. The combination of action, fun and the imposing alpine panorama ensures a winter’s day you’ll never forget."
- for Groups
- for Class
- Pet allowed
- Suitable for the Elderly
- Suitable for Pushchair
- for Children of the age of 6-10
- for Children of the age of 10 upwards
- Children's Playground (outdoors)
- Baby Change
- Barrier-free access
Accessibility / Arrival
- Parking available
- Adults CHF 55.00
- Children 6-16 years CHF 39.00 (with Junior travelcard/Children's Co-travelcard CHF 18.00)