Visit the students and watch them at work
The School of Woodcarving Brienz has offered foundational training in a variety of crafts since 1884. In addition to traditional sculpture, for several years now, students at the college have been able to train in other crafts including coopering, basket weaving and wickerwork, turning and white coopering. Students on the four-year sculpture programme learn techniques for cutting humans, animals and ornaments. You’ll be amazed by the wealth of ideas and variety of objects on display! Two to four students are stationed in the exhibition room during opening hours, giving you the chance to watch them as they work.
Your highlights at a glance
- Exhibition of the students’ early works, current works and projects
- Two to four students working on current projects
- Insights and information on five traditional woodworking professions
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Exhibition only open during school hours (further information)
- Combine your trip with a visit to the Swiss Woodcarving Museum Brienz or one of the Woodcarving shops and manufacturers
- Tour of the school available upon request
Monday – Thursday 08.00 – 11.30 h / 14.00 – 17.00 h
Friday 08.00 – 11.30 h / 14.00 – 15.00 h
The exhibition is closed on public holidays and during school holidays.
Bad Weather Offer
Handicapped accessible WC