Discover Europe’s highest railway station
From Interlaken, a bus takes visitors on to Grindelwald; the journey through a majestic natural landscape is an experience in itself. After Grindelwald, a rack-and-pinion railway transports you to the Kleine Scheidegg. The views at the base of the north face of the Eiger are truly inspiring. The last section to the highest station in Europe passes through the mountain range. Did you know the train makes a stop on this route? At "Eismeer" station, you can admire perpetual ice. Once at the top, the "Alpine Sensation" awaits: the illuminating tour takes you back to the early days of this incredible structure. Other highlights of Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe include the Sphinx viewing platform and the Lindt Chocolate Shop at 3454 m above sea level. With an experienced guide at your side, you benefit from expert support and information. The return train trip runs via Wengen to Lauterbrunnen, where the bus takes you back to Interlaken.
Your highlights at a glance
- Impressive views of the Aletsch glacier
- Ice Palace, railway history tour, Sphinx viewing platform
- Experienced tour guide
- Highest railway station in Europe
- Various activities at the Snow Fun Park
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Wear suitable clothes for the weather
- Sun cream is very important in high alpine environments
- Tickets are available online or from Tourist Information
- Tours available in English, Spanish and Chinese
"We were looked after very well and kept informed on this unforgettable day on the Jungfraujoch. I will always have wonderful memories of the train journey through the mountains."