Höheweg in Interlaken – more than a main street
Stroll, unwind and savour the mood at the foot of the Jungfrau
A walk along the Höheweg is a delight, with colourful paragliders circling overhead and even the occasional hang glider completing the picture. The views of the Jungfrau are stunning. Let your cares melt away in a restaurant, or stroll around the popular Höhematte. Various information boards provide details of nearby hotels and the mountains. For a laid-back experience, enjoy a relaxing horse-drawn carriage ride through Interlaken.
The Höheweg is a meeting place for holidaymakers and locals, a place where stories are made and told; it is especially popular thanks to the many events staged here in the heart of Interlaken. Cheer on the starters of the Jungfrau Marathon, or celebrate the new year at the "Touch The Mountains" open-air concert on 1st January.
Your highlights at a glance
- Numerous shops and restaurants
- Scores of events along the Höheweg
- Cosy benches invite you to sit and relax
- Impressive views of the Jungfrau range, the perfect photo opportunity
- Admire vibrant blooms and marvel at the paragliders
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Whole street is easily accessible to wheelchair users
- Short walk to the stations of Interlaken Ost and West
- Bus stops along the road
"Looking up from the Höhematte, the Jungfrau range was right before my eyes – perfect for that photo to remember. Paragliders circled above as the evening sun shone in my face. What a perfect holiday mood!"
- Suitable for any weather
- Pet allowed
- for Children of all Ages
- Suitable for Pushchair
Accessibility / Arrival
- Parking available