Lake Thun: personal photo tour and boat rentals
Marvel at the splendid castles from the water
Climb into a boat for up to eight persons in Spiez or Hilterfingen, and spend the next hour discovering the castles of Lake Thun. The skipper will take you to perfect vantage points for the castles of Spiez, Oberhofen, Hünegg, Schadau and Thun. As an added bonus throughout the personal photo tour, you can enjoy sensational views across the water to the snowy peaks beyond. Prefer to chug across the lake under your own steam? You can rent an electric boat in the bay of Spiez – and no driving licence is required. For a more leisurely ride, pedalos are also available to rent.
Your highlights at a glance
- Discover the five castles of Lake Thun on a personal photo tour
- Rent a pedalo in the bay of Spiez
- Rent an electric boat in the bay of Spiez
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- The boating season extends from April to October
- Register in the reception area of the sailing school, near the Restaurant Schlosspintli in Spiez
- The hour-long photo tour from Spiez or Hilterfingen is for a maximum of eight persons
- No driving licence is needed to rent an electric boat
- Electric boats and pedalos can be rented at 30 minutes’ notice
"I can heartily recommend the photo tour to the castles of Lake Thun. Seeing the castles from a lakeside perspective on a private tour – and capturing the perfect photo to remember – was a great experience."