Discover the photo spot on the Niederhorn overlooking Lake Thun
The peerless location of the Niederhorn promises a stunning panoramic view towards the Central Plateau, with the towns of Thun and Bern visible across the Bernese Alps.
Your highlights at a glance
- The Grand Tour of Switzerland is a 1,600 km tourist circuit spanning the country
- Discover scores of attractions along the way
- Take a souvenir snap at the Niederhorn photo spot
- Enjoy the spectacle of the ice-crested giants of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way
- Download the Grand Tour of Switzerland app (iOS/Android)
- The whole of the route is generally open to cars and motorcycles
- Parking is available at the Beatenbucht and Beatenberg stations
- The walk from the summit station to the photo spot takes around 5 minutes
- Note the seasonal opening times of the Niederhorn Cable Car