The Japanese Garden – a slice of Japan in Interlaken
Explore the enchanting garden and pavilion
With its pond and pavilion, the Japanese Garden of Interlaken reflects the landscape in which it stands. Located next to the Hotel Interlaken, the garden symbolises the roaring waterfalls and deep ravines of the Bernese Oberland; the Shinji pond represents lakes Brienz and Thun. As you walk through the garden, a wealth of detail emerges: every element has special meaning and symbolism according to the Japanese tradition.
Your highlights at a glance
- Centrally located Japanese Garden near Interlaken Castle
- Relaxing oasis in the middle of Interlaken, featuring a pond and pavilion
- Gift from Interlaken’s Japanese twin town of Ōtsu
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Garden is easily accessible
- Fishing in the pond is prohibited
- The Japanese Garden is particularly worth visiting in the spring
"I fell in love with the Japanese Garden as soon as I stepped inside. It was wonderful to find a slice of Japan in Interlaken."